BLT with cheese on bread made from azuki bean and Kemet flour


Bread flavored with azuki bean and Kemet whole wheat flour. Bacon, lettuce, and tomato sandwich. 



1+1/2 cup hot water
1 level teaspoon active dry yeast
1/16 teaspoon sugar
1 egg, room temperature
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon sea salt, finely ground
1/2 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
1/2 cup Azuki bean milled to a powder.
1/3 cup Kemet wheat flour





Such a promising start and such a disappointing finish. The thing is I failed to pay attention to proofing periods because I was distracted with this pop-up card and I'm still not finished. Hours elapsed. I think. I don't know for sure because time's just not my bag, Man. 

Eh, ya win some, ya lose some. This turned out to look more like a Pullman loaf instead of a nice puffy rounded top loaf, but it sure is delicious. I might give it another go tomorrow if I feel like it. But I'm going to be distracted tomorrow too even worse. 


No comments:

Blog Archive