French fries


This was dinner. 

One potato deep-fried earlier then frozen then fried again straight from the freezer. They are indeed more crispy than the non-frozen sugar-water soaked, double fried version, but they are not the amazing crispy tender interior French fry of my youth. They are still a little bit too wet. 

Maybe they were insufficiently damaged by freezing. The pot was still bubbling fiercely when they were pulled from the oil. I'm not giving up. Next try I'll pre-cook them at a lower temperature so they can go longer before being frozen. And I can try damaging them by freezing while still raw, then double frying them. There are still a lot more things to try but the problem is there is a limit to the amount of French fries a guy can take so those experiments will have to wait. 

I'm behind the 8-ball with the grasshopper card. I didn't realize until tonight that the card must be in San Francisco by Saturday. That leaves one day to finish it up and have it in the mail by Tuesday. I've learned by tracking that service in California is slowest of all and least reliable. I send out cards certified across the country and pretend they're having a race. I observe online and California always loses. 

If you like, here is the  the grasshopper card. The background is finished but not shown in the photo set. I'll show that later when the whole thing is finished. It's very similar to the background to the second page. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That card is going to be awesome. Your creativity is wonderful. Your friends and family are very lucky to receive your cards.

Blog Archive