Chicken noodle soup with cheese


We're slumming it over here. This is the last frozen bag of chicken noodle soup prepared a long time ago.

The chicken pot soup is what my mother called chicken and dumplings. I wouldn't know this until later, but her dumplings were large square egg noodles. When I discovered real biscuit-like dumplings, soda bread that floated on top of the pot like a lid formed out of individual biscuits that joined together, I thought those were very good too. One time my sister announced she would  be serving chicken pot pie and then produced chicken noodle soup with large square homemade egg noodles. This caused momentary confusion because I was expecting an actual pie with a double crust.

This here is thawed from frozen and nearly mush after all of that but I sure do like it's thick brutish egg pasta. Enhanced with this Uni Kaas robusto, it's a Netherlands gruyere. It must have been on sale or something.


No comments:

Blog Archive