Carrots and potato


The carrots and potato are delicious by themselves but I wanted them with minced meat and I wanted all that loaded up with spices and I also wanted them to photograph acceptably well.

Ground beef.

Food spiced up Indian-style does not photograph attractively. That's my experience so far anyway. Turmeric stains everything yellow. Very yellow. Yellow. If you drop an onion slice with turmeric oil on it then the tile is instantly stained yellow even if you pick it up immediately. It doesn't have to soak in. A slight surface contact is sufficient to stain anything permanently. I don't know how the plates get cleaned. Maybe they never do get cleaned entirely. A stain on wood was soaked for hours in straight bleach and had no effect at all. Okay, maybe a little effect. 

And coriander and cumin turn everything brown. So does pretty much everything else.

Minced meat with onion has all the spices. After the photograph it was all mixed together to coat everything. 

An extra pan was used just to show the potato with carrot separately from the spiced meat and onions, but I'm not sure it was worth it. They're combined at the table.




The minced meat was extruded like little worms which amused me and I wanted to keep it that way. I did that before, try to keep the grind intact, and it turned out not as interesting as I had imagined. I don't know why I didn't learn the lesson the first time.

No comments:

Blog Archive