Cheese crackers




The camera recorded forty-five minutes between the photo of remnant cheese pieces and the photo of the bowl of finished crackers. 

Scrounged around and grabbed every little wrapper of remnant cheese that I saw. And non remnant. Except the soft cheese, Philadelphia cheese and ricotta cheese, I left those alone. 

The bits of various cheese amounted to eight weighed ounces. 

Okay, fine, nine ounces but I ate one big fat slice and half another slice and that brought it down to eight ounces. The point is, it was random and this time it was measured.

Measured so I can tell you how much it was, otherwise I didn't care one whit. 

And I don't even know what a whit is. 

That's how much I don't care about exactly how much cheese there is. 

But it did tell me how much flour to add to be excessively cheesy and I now I could scoop it and know where the total would be mathematically. I wanted about the same weight of flour as cheese, that is a lot of cheese to flour, so that would be 1 + 1/2 scoop, crammed into the cup without sifting. Two light scoops of 1 cup, sifted, each would be eight ounces, the same weight as the cheese, and that is what this is. 

* 1 package smoked sun dried tomatoes.
* 1/2 teaspoon cayenne powder
* generous cranks black pepper
* 1 rounded teaspoon baking powder
* 3/4 cup water in increments

* no salt. The cheese is salted and there is a lot of cheese, plus New York City called and said, "knock it off already." 

* no butter or fat or lard or Crisco because cheese is so much like those things already. But they do have their own unique characteristics that are used for specific types of crackers, just not now. 

Each cracker is docked with a chopstick. 

Blog Archive