Chicken thighs, mustard greens, collard greens




Not turnip greens.


Definitely not turnip greens.


Forget turnip greens. 


If you ever see turnip greens just walk right on by.

Chicken thighs brined for an hour. 




Family pack of chicken thighs. They are all burned similarly in a patch. I picked off the the skin and ate all of them at once. Little black patches and all. All the chicken skins all at once. That's how much of a pig I am. I figured the crispy skin will never be good as this so I might had just eat them all now so I did. Which was then. That was most of my dinner, actually. 

Chicken skin rules are for other people. Like you. 

I'm cooking more with sugar and I'm not so sure that's a good thing, but for right now I like it. I find a little brown sugar does nicely to balance an ever so slight overload of spices and that is what the brown sugar does here. 

The greens with root vegetables are excellent brightened with a little acid. Because they're not turnip greens. 

2 comments:

Rob said...

http://rrrrrrrroll.tumblr.com/

Relevance to chicken thighs, ham hocks and greens: none.

And yet possibly of interest to he who cooked them.

Chip Ahoy said...

Thank you, Rob.

Blog Archive