Aerogarden Bounty Elite

I wanted the unit with the highest light output which I understood to be 40W. Everyone online remarks how bright the units are.

I noticed the units on Amazon differ from the units on Aerogarden site. Apparently Aerogarden changed their models again. They appear to be in a state of continuous change.

I had the 40W unit in my basket ready to hit "purchase" when on impulse I called Aerogarden to confirm this is the highest output.

No. The Bounty Elite is 50W.

I imagine it is annoyingly bright. That's what I want. I want each day to be announced like this: boink, with the brightest lights possible. I want the fish in my tank in the next room to go, "Oh shit, it's daytime already. Before their own bright lights turn on. It is a planted aquarium. The fish are brightly lit when their aquarium light is on.

I switched out the fluorescents with led lights and I admit it is a little bit weird, but I like it. I like the place to be bright.

The photos below the light is turned down a bit artificially by camera settings and again in Photoshop or else everything would be blown out. It will not do to stare at these lights. Not so bad as looking at the sun, but close.

Jennifer showed up early today. She stops by every two weeks. The seed pods were planted today so when she shows up again two weeks from now will be a good chance to check progress. I predict basil might be tall enough to come out of their domes while others, like mint and parsley might not be ready if they even germinate.

I am expecting the 50W unit to out perform all other models.














Blog Archive