Video: Things I Made Then Ate in 2015

This year 2015 had less posts than years before it and after it. The whole year had only 259 posts.

In some ways the photos make me sad. There is a very large portion of photos taken while driving to the Mozaic Restaurant at Lake Palmer just north of Colorado Springs that Joseph used to like to drive to. It is a very nice photoset. I included only a few representative photos of the setting, the interior restaurant, the meal, and the drive home by the long way along the foothills instead of the highway loaded with extraordinary scenic formations. Red Rocks is just part of a series of outcroppings that run along the front of the foothills. It's like people build homes directly inside an extraordinary park. [I must mention that I did not realize how much Joe enjoyed doing this, the Mozaic, Bittersweet, Le Central, The Art, Cuba Cuba, and many other restaurants over the last decade, that he left me in his will. I was one of only three friends, and no exaggeration, I'm actually understating, Joseph had literally thousands of friends. So those drives meant more to him than I knew.] Those photos make me miss Joe all over again. He was so incredibly patient with me taking them. So patient with my obsession. We had a great deal of fun together even though the time we spent was very short when it was possible.

I have several failures with genoise cake until I learned it cannot be done at high altitude. When I discovered the pressure pot compensates as it does with hard-boiled eggs, suddenly they both became a bit less interesting to me. They're not that great after all.

I experiment with ice. Discovering how to make clear ice through a series of failures.

I-Movie isn't the massive pain in the butt that it's been previously. Making these videos has forced me to learn it.






No comments:

Blog Archive