French fries


Used the double-fry method. First on low heat, about the same temperature as boiling water. Then allow them to cool. Re-heat the oil except higher the second time to dehydrate. I can see the bubbles become a lot less active. And they're still not crispy. 

What a bummer!

This tells me to switch to a three-fry method. And that's just a pain in the butt.

I got these things to be so crispy when I was thirteen and living in Louisiana. And now in Denver they're just not. 

Man, sometimes this high altitude cooking is a drag. I don't have the patience for this.

1 comment:

JC said...

Pat 'em dry, and dose with Goya Adobo powder. And remember that altitude makes a difference. You'll want a higher temp. But you knew that already. Probably just didn't think of it at the time.

Blog Archive