Huevos rancheros






ARTS!











The first time I had huevos rancheros I was seventeen years old. I and a few blokes from work stopped at friend's house. The guy was a roughneck motorcycle dude. A small man in jeans and boots and jean jacket and long hair. The house was tiny in Englewood. My other two friends were second generation Mexican who did not speak Spanish. Although they took it in high school and their other friends spoke it so they both had an amusing street-comprehension. 

Swear words.

Flour tortilla, chile on top, eggs on top of that. Cheese on top of that. 

That was it.

If you search in your browser then click on images you'll see the whole world for huevos rancheros. 

I thought that I had pork chile in the freezer but that turned out to be containers of poblano soup and beef Burgandy and yam pie filling. 

So I thawed one of the containers of poblano soup. Then added bacon and jalapeño to buttress it. 

Hashed browned potatoes are not part of the dealio, Emilio. 

I do have beans but I wanted potato.

I used an entire avocado for one plate. 

A friend of mine from Boston has a lot of hosting experience. One day in Denver at a third person's house, he was preparing placed salads. He said, "I wish there was a way to get pepper on only the avocado." 

I said, "Let's try isolating the avocado and peppering it up heavily. Then add it back." 

He said, "Brilliant!" 

As if he hadn't thought of it.

That has nothing to do with this. Here, everything is peppered heavily.

No comments:

Blog Archive