Cupcake cats

They're trying to be cats.


Inspired by the work of Karen Tack and Alan Richardson seen in this book. They don't actually replicate anything in the book, those are much more precise, it's just inspired by it. In fact, when I tried to obey instructions in the book, filling a zip-lock and fitting it with piping tip, the bag exploded open at the bottom instead of flowing through the tip. Cheap ass bags. So I go, "Screw this. I'll make the kitties fluffy without the piping tip." For the decoration I used what was available in the candy aisle at the King Soopers where I got the cake and frosting mix, which was meager. Fruit roll for the tongue, mini M&Ms for eyes, coated peanuts for the nose. I used white chocolate that I already had for the ears. I melted it, daubed it onto parchment paper and froze it for a few minutes to set.

No comments:

Blog Archive