Birthday cake

Apologies. It's all I got.

Two friends hosted a party for me and another friend for our birthdays being two days apart. That's okay, we claim the whole month. Birthmonth, not birthday.

A few years ago I gave them a Big Green Egg and they used it yesterday to smoke some kind of beef. It was a lower-end cut but they cooked it so long that it tenderized beautifully. I brought some home.

I also bought them a bag of Fogo wood charcoal so they used that too. Very convenient, just had Amazon send it to them.

The beef was shredded and mixed with homemade bbq sauce. So each person had a bbq beef sandwich.

They also made two salads that were very good, one is jicama with other vegetables and a sweet dressing, the other was fruit salad. Both excellent.

So, a simple meal of three things. Plus I drank 3 Coca-Colas.

Somebody else drank 1oz of vodka, and that's it.

My, how we've matured. Can you imagine a party that served only 1oz of vodka?

And several beers?

It rained like mad.

And I mean mad. Downpour, actually. Heavy. It caused floods and people got stuck all over the place.

Apologies. I forgot to take pictures until the end.

Apparently my camera didn't focus.

I changed the settings and the focus was supposed to be automatic.


It's a small cake. Red. With chocolate ice cream.

They joked about not bothering with candles because it would take too many.

Har-dee-har-har.

They could have had each candle count for ten, and have room to spare.

It was a nice party. Small. It was very nice of friends to take the time for it. 

1 comment:

Calypso Facto said...

Happy birthday month, Chip!

Blog Archive