Chicken salad


I totally made this salad. 

By opening the package and removing half the contents. 

And sprinkling salt and pepper all over it just so.

And drizzling it with honey/mustard dressing that somebody else made. 

This is 1/2 a chicken salad from Taste of Philly across the street from my apartment. 

I had to walk all the way over there and get it. 

Then walk all the way back.

Along the way a woman yelled at me from the crosswalk.

She was crossing the street as I was approaching the crosswalk.

I was walking more slowly than usual in order to miss the light. 

I didn't want to stand in the sun and wait for it to change.

She mistook my ultra slowness for having more difficulty walking than usual. 

And she asked me if I'd like her to accompany me across. 

The women around here. I'm telling you, they do their best to take care of me. 

But it's hardly worth the effort of crossing Broadway three times. I can step up the pace when required. 

She asked, "Are you the one with all the plants on the balcony?"

I said, "Yes." 

She goes, "I'm in the back all the time. Yell down at me and say 'Hi' when you see me out there." 

"Okay. When I do you'll know where to look." 

When someone yells at you from a balcony it's almost impossible to pinpoint. You have to look at all the balconies for some sign of a person. 

No comments:

Blog Archive