Maruchan yakisoba, spicy chicken

It's not that spicy and there isn't much chicken.

I'm not doing much cooking right now.

I watched a video of two Japanese guys testing American instant ramen. This is their favorite of the ones that they tested. They both agreed the American versions have a lot less salt and no MSG. To them they taste like health food. That gets a big laugh from Americans in comments at YouTube.

I bought two cases of this type. I have two cases of another type. Nine cases total. Some cases have six lunch-cups, others have ten or twelve packages. It's a boatload of instant ramen noodles and I eat them twice a day and so far I haven't become tired of them.

But I also need to walk so I'm going outside to nearby restaurants. But not too far. Everything is nearby. I might start spreading out and driving, then park some distance away. The point is getting out and walking.

I'm just not in the mood for cooking and cleaning right now. These make things a lot easier.

And it might not be such a bad idea to record them. Each one is quite different. They all come from different places, The U.S., Japan, Korea, and Thailand. There are very many others available. Reviews on Amazon are mixed for all of them. So far I haven't had any that are actually bad.

Their cost also varies wildly. The ones from Japan are the most expensive. Korea makes very good ones. Other countries have their own favorites, curry mostly, Pho, and the like. Some are rice noodles, others are wheat noodles, some flat noodles, most are squiggly noodles. Some are like soup, other are not, like this one here, most have scant dehydrated vegetables, most have powdered stock. Some have packages of liquid flavorings. Some have one package inside others have up to five packages of flavorings.

This one is intended to be cooked in the microwave. Most are not.

I added habanero sauce and soy sauce to boost the intensity.














No comments:

Blog Archive