Cinnamon rolls


The dough starts with 1.5 cups water. Everything follows from that.

* A few tablespoons of powdered potato flakes to make the dough soft.
* 1 teaspoon yeast
* 2 tablespoons white sugar
* 1 teaspoon salt
* A few tablespoons of milk powder
* flour by the tablespoonful until the dough becomes sufficiently stiff.

I don't have enough eggs around here right now so I didn't add any of those.



I neglected to show there are handfuls of whole pecans that I broke up to pieces while distributing them throughout. Then pressed them all into the dough. The dough is literally covered with raisins and pecans bits. 




The bench scraper has a ruler on it. 

The dough was very close to 18" so I stretched it to match.

Each segment is 6"

Each segment is divided into 3 X 2: 




I have a bag of sugar that is not fully refined. It melted  into caramel fairly rapidly but instantly dark. It did not behave as regular white sugar. It's disappointingly bitter. I'm thinking of adding another layer of proper sweet topping, but actually it's not that bad.




No comments:

Blog Archive