Salmon, broccoli, carrot







The piece of salmon is really thin. All the pieces of salmon are this thin, individually wrapped in the large bag. It's just such a bummer having all these thin tail pieces. It never occurred to me that such an abuse of customer trust was possible but now I know to look out. I would have seen that in the store. This was delivered. Whole Foods. 

This makes the skin maximum importance.

A Japanese restaurant in town, Genroku, had salmon skin on their menu.

One time I went in there and I saw a Japanese woman eating it. With chopsticks, putting bits of seared salmon skin in her mouth. And I thought, "Man, that's weird." It's actually a thing. She actually ordered salmon skin. 

And ever since then I've looked at fish skin differently.

I never cut it off and throw it away. That's just stupid. I saw Jacques Pépin do that this week in a video and I'm sitting here yelling at my laptop, what a waster. Then the whole rest of the time I'm talking back using Jacques Pépin's voice. I press my tongue to the top of my mouth and suck air through the corners of my distorted mouth shape to produce sucking slobbering sounds incorporated into speech. Long ones. Long sucking sounds made while hanging your head over raw food. And I go "u-h-h-h" a lot very low voice so that the accumulative effect is a pond of bullfrogs. So, slobber sucking pond of bullfrogs. If you were to walk in a grown 65+ year old man imitating Jacques Pépin you'd either be appalled at me for being so retarded, or join in. And that's why so many of my friends are goofballs like myself that find joining irresistible so it's at least three of us talking like Jacques Pépin, including the real Jacques Pépin. 

And it forces me to visualize the fish skin being the fish-produced material that separates the fish from the water while blending the fish into it. I see the fish moving through water, but seeing it at the point of these layers. I have this dividing material too, this same outermost all-encompassing body organ. I am eating the dividing material and the inner material of the tail of this salmon and it's kind of blowing my mind as I see these fish layers living and working and then here I am eating it. 

After searing it. Just to show how weird we are.

I seared dead fish skin then ate it. 

I must say, it's delicious.

No comments:

Blog Archive