Steak sandwich, handmade rolls













I over-proofed the dough like nobody's business.

When it came time to put them into the oven I didn't feel like it. I went to bed instead. And then upon awakening I still wasn't hungry and I still didn't feel like messing with this so I left it. All day.

Then the second day it came around that I really should eat something so I restarted this worn-out dough with 1/4 cup warm water with a full dose of yeast, sugar, and flour.










Delicious.

There is something about this ersatz cheese that makes this sandwich outstanding. It is a dull flat taste that encapsulates the whole tongue in food-comfort. That tongue-enrobing effect lasts. 

This chuck roast is tougher than the rib-eyes, duh, so it's a little bit more to chew, therefore chopped finely. 

After all this, after two days of preparation, thawing, making bread, blowing the timing on that, no matter how delicious, and the bread, meat and cheese really are delicious altogether, I still can eat only half of this. I'm still eating it. It's cold now. And each bite I go, "Man, every element of this sandwich is ace."

No comments:

Blog Archive