Shrimp and vegetables with rice



I thought to myself, "make me something delicious from this."

I thought about this sort of reflexive thinking and answered myself, "Ah-aight."


Hoisin sauce and soy sauce with a lacing of apple cider vinegar.

     What is a lacing?

Lacing is where you take a teaspoon of something and pull it around like a sled over the top of something else, a bit carelessly, a bit splashy, to get drops of vinegar to deposit around randomly.


I just made that up. Lacing. That's ridiculous. But that's what I did so I found a word for it. Just put your thumb over the top of the bottle to control how much you sprinkle around. I want the vinegar separated so its not in every bite.

The rice is the kind with the germ still in it. I love that stuff. 

Hoisin sauce is extremely flavorful and sweet, all with high flavor notes, soy sauce to balance with salt and with body. The liquid is very good tasting. Almost half of the sauce was wasted.

And that's tragic!

I cleaned the plate save for a few streaks. To get it cleaner I'd have to lick the plate like a dog. 

Or I could just wash it.

No comments:

Blog Archive