Crab and kombu dashi with shrimp, tofu and vegetables


These were easy to find. I thought they would be in brown paper. This soup was pictured last night and the image stuck throughout the morning, "So," I said to myself as one deciding for others, "these specific images won't stop until you produce this. This before anything else." 

What a bummer. I would rather think about lunch. Something cool to make. But this thing is stuck in the way. The image is light seafood broth with tofu and shrimp. That's all. The very clear image is 2 pieces of shrimp and a few tofu cubes floating around translucent broth.



But the shrimp is so large that I chopped up only one. 

What am I, some kind of pig that needs two giant lobster-size shrimp? 

And If I don't use Napa now then when would a better time be? What's the use of it just sitting around? That's how Napa got into this. I have the vegetables so use them. Same thing with asparagus and mushrooms. They are not part of the original intrusive vision.



Man, this stuff is good. 

Seven magical Asian flavor elements, except no fish sauce because, come on, just stop it already. 

You wouldn't think that this is so good, but is very good. 

And it was the tiny bit of sugar that adjusted everything else just so, 1/4 of one teaspoon, thereabout, derided in western cooking while still accommodated with sensors on the human tongue, made dull flat vegetables work great together interestingly. Even children would love this full sensory light seafood soup. 

There's more! By Gosh, I'll go eat it. 

No comments:

Blog Archive