Pineapple upside-down cake






Horribly sweet. And I knew that when I made it. A lot less sugar, real chile, and possibly a bit of corn meal would fix it. 

And to think I wasted two perfectly fine earth-chicken eggs in this. Two precious eggs. When you crack them open their yolks are ORANGE and they are large and I consider them worth one million dollars each, possibly one dollar each. 

Recipe calls for 1/2 cup pineapple juice. That's acid. It caused my liquid portion to separate that was brought back together with flour. 

Then it also calls for baking powder, instead of baking soda. 

We chemist types object. The pineapple acid is repeated in baking powder whereas baking soda would react cleanly. There must be a reason but I do not know what it is. Maybe they're just stupid. That's a pretty good reason. 

Anyway, I hate it. 

 

No comments:

Blog Archive