The Breckenridge, Zep's Epiq Sandwiches

 



I ran an errand a block away. 

On the way to the shop, a woman driving down the alley stopped me right off to offer me a ride. 

I lost the race with the meal delivery guy. He was come and gone before I got there.

On the way back I stopped at Zep's to pick up the order I called in earlier.

Two boys entered the crosswalk the same time as I did in front of the museum and they stopped short to allow me to pass. I stopped to allow them to pass. We looked at each other. The two teenage boys would not budge until I moved ahead of them. 

Then the Zep's guy opened both doors wide open for the handicapped guy who needs all the help in the world. They're dying for want of customers.

Then moments later another youth stopped me walking the opposite direction. He asked me if I am blind. I said no, that I see quite well. He told me that is something praiseworthy. That people are killing themselves for less. He told me that having my sight is something to be thankful for. I told him thank you, that I am thankful for that. 

Apparently I look like the type of guy that evokes curiosity and help and encouragement in other people. 

I ate a portion of this and then slept. All tuckered out.

1 comment:

brio said...

That slaw looks good. I generally avoid slaws since they are usually a runny mess with mayo. But that looks like it was made with a vinaigrette.

Some of the nicest people I've ever encountered on the streets were in Denver. I sometimes wish it wasn't so expensive to rent in Denver or I would move there in a second.

Blog Archive