Tuna, green beans and mushrooms, lettuce



This package of tuna put me off already a few times. Too big. Too fat. Not red enough. 


But it turns out to taste very good. It turns darker red as it thaws.


It's very good.

Soy sauce aged for three years in barrels. Very mellow. Makes all the difference in the world. Because of that it is much more expensive. Another brand aged for four years is even more expensive and way too mild. So we must ask ourselves if the difference in quality is worth the difference in price. From my point of view, yes. In fact, this soy sauce makes a very good gift. I think. Presently I have three bottles. I hand them out like nobody's business. Because I want to spread the soy sauce joy to people who can perceive and appreciate the difference. And women really dig the packaging. That alone is win. Even though it is irrelevant. Inside is an ordinary bottle and regular label.

I make 1/4 cup rice in a regular small pot the old fashioned way and it comes out perfectly every time. 

I forgot to check if the cucumber is still good, or the zucchini. Either of those would work nicely. 

Omg, I must sound like such a nerd. Perfectly. Nicely. When we first moved here to Colorado that is one of the first things I noticed about all these Levi-wearing, cowboy hat having, cowboy boot kicking westerners, they refused to acknowledge adverbs. "Ly." All those adverbs have "ly"ending. They never said the "ly" adverbial suffix. And that makes them sound so risibly western. Country. I thought, straight from Louisiana were everyone speaks so clearly and straightforwardly. 

Psych!

The sentence that stuck out, "Did the bride wear a wedding dress and did the groom wear a tuxedo? " 

     "Everyone was dressed up real proper." 

And I was sitting at the science table with them cracking up inside, silently laughing my butt off, thinking how insanely county this sounds. While moving to Louisiana involved developing a whole new speech patten, rhythm, vocabulary, colloquialisms, vocal tics, y'all. Just to fit in. All dropped immediately upon moving here. No longer useful, not good camouflage. Other than this one blatant adverbial suffix omission their western speech is actually crystalline. 

Now I say, "Howdy." 

That's western for "How do you do?" 

If it's a dog then I say, "Howdy, pooch." 

No comments:

Blog Archive