Bratwurst on a bun with mustard






Check out that crumb. What? I know, I know, you just don't see that. I have been totally grooving on these hot dog buns I made. I dig 'em so much that I made another batch and gave half away straight out of the oven as dinner rolls. 

"Hey, ya want a delicious dinner roll right out of the oven?" Who can say no to that? Nobody, that's who.  

A poolish is made the day or night before. That is half the dough with a fraction of the usual yeast so that it develops very slowly. Minus the salt and minus whatever else. 

The second day, the second half of the dough is added to the first along with whatever extraneous material you desire. BANG! The dough is done. Let it rise, then bake, then enjoy. 

Both the bratwurst and the roll were taken from the refrigerator and steamed in the same pot. The bratwurst steamed longer than the bun, which would have disintegrated had it steamed too long. 

No comments:

Blog Archive