Bun-less hamburger and grain meatloaf patty



There was one hamburger patty left that I could see from top round that was ground here at home. I thought, "Aha! I can add bread crumbs to this." So I did. Then I go, "Aha! I can add egg to this." So I did. 

Then I started adding things that seemed good. Along the way it became too stiff so various liquids were added too. Then I got carried away with the idea of creating a ... 


I added Worcestershire and sake because everything is better with sake. I added bread crumbs and oatmeal, milled red beans and milled pinto beans, and milled brown rice while I was at it milling things in the coffee mill. Then I added more sake because it was too dry. I sweated a small onion and two cloves of garlic. I added my house S/P/Chile pepper flakes/Cayenne/garlic powder mixture (so that's a double whammy of garlic). Then olive oil because it must have some fat. Then more water because it seemed too dry. 

Nothing was measured, and then again, everything was measured in my hand.  If you must be concrete about it, all the milled powders amounted to approx. 3 Tablespoons each. The liquids all added up to make a nice mush. The oatmeal is rolled oats and they were kept that way and not milled to powder  The additions all totaled twice the volume of ground meat. 

Heated in the microwave which doubles for a convection oven on medium high for 25 minutes, its internal temperature noted, then for another 10 minutes at a slightly lower temperature.   Taaadaaaaa.   


Conclusion: too dry. 
Recommendation: FIX IT!  More liquid of some sort, beef broth, milk, wine, beer, or water.  Possibly cook the grain first.

No comments:

Blog Archive