Chicken thighs


These grocery store chicken thighs are big compared to the tiny Bell & Evans thighs I've been picking up. They're plain with little to recommend them except for their size, and I suppose their price. They were all in a big family-size package. 

Whole coriander seed and cumin seed and  black pepper seed heated briefly in a pan on stove top. Ground in a dedicated coffee grinder. I love that thing. Mixed with kosher salt flakes and applied directly to the chicken, the surplus divided evenly into the dredge flour, the drench whisked egg and milk, and dredge dried breadcrumbs which in this case was panko. Baked and turned. I suppose I should have baked them on a rack and sprayed them with vegetable oil, but I didn't.  I eat these like a caveman because I like to make like I'm un-evolved.  

No comments:

Blog Archive