Egg salad sandwich


Hard-boiled egg squished through the potato ricer. 

These hard-boiled eggs are proper bastards to peel. Maybe it's because the boiling water only gets to 200℉, 93℃. Maybe it's because they're too fresh. Maybe it's because they hate me. I added one full rounded tablespoon of baking soda to the boiling water because I saw that on TV.  It probably helped a little because honestly, they were a little bit easier to peel than before but not by much.  I doused them in cold water to prevent the iron from migrating, I cracked the egg all around the hemisphere, I let them soak in cold water for 10 minutes. They were still hard to peel. Am I a complainer? I remember peeling hard-boiled eggs where the  shells came right off in one piece, and now that never happens. 

First mayonnaise:

2 egg yolks
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 tablespoon mustard
2 tablespoons rice vinegar
1/8 teaspoon salt, 1/16 teaspoon pepper
whisk while drizzling slowly oil slowly. SLOWLY. SLOWLY

Egg salad:

4 hard-boiled eggs squished through the potato ricer. Fun!
1 small onion diced and sweated
2 medium cloves garlic smashed, diced, sweated with the onion. 
1 tablespoon sweet pickle relish
1  (1/4) length of dill pickle diced into tiny pieces
2 tablespoons home-made mayonnaise.

Bun:

From down there ↓. I'm tired of talking about  these buns, except to say there is nothing like 'em, and mine are still better than yours.  Steamed to freshen it up. 

No comments:

Blog Archive