Emilene's (this restaurant, around for so long, has closed )


[Update: I notice this page is getting a lot of views lately. You should know Emil-Ene's is now closed, we learned early 2014. And let me say, that breaks the heart of nearly everyone I know.]

They do have great steaks. And they do have great house-made salad dressings. But after that, not much more can be said. It is so low class that it cannot possibly go any lower and that is why I love it with an abiding fondness. Their salads are entirely iceberg lettuce and that's it, apart from the fantastic dressing which I could easily live on. In fact, I decided to replicate it to the best of my ability, which I have done above ↑ up there in another post. Mine is not as good as theirs, but it is close. 


The place sure clears out early on Friday. This confounds me. The place was fairly full when we sat down, rather early for us, but we were among the last to leave.  You can tell they paid a fortune on the decor. ← possible sarcasm. 

They have a dadgum tree growing right there in the room we are in. I am thankful they passed on the plastic squirrels. 


I snapped a few photos from where I sat near the end of the meal. This looks into the area we passed to get to the area we sat. There is another area we passed before this  that is not photographed. So that is three separate areas. I think. 

This used to be out in the boonies but now the city has grown up around it. Smith Road and Chambers. If ever in Denver, you must go to Emilene's (Emil & Ene), or you haven't seen Denver properly and that's a fact.  If you time it just right, you can see some deer and elk that come right up to the edge of the property. We did not time it right, but we were prepared with the cameras. 

No comments:

Blog Archive