Green salad with shrimp and pecans


This is a big pile of blue cheese I picked up at Sam's Club, and Boy, is it ever strong. 




The blue cheese dressing at Emil-Ene's has a very clean blue cheese flavor. I applied my finely-tuned analytical powers and discerned its components were most likely blue cheese diluted probably with milk, possibly with water.  My friend insisted it must have mayonnaise because he used to make it at another restaurant where he worked years ago. Online recipes confirmed many recipes do indeed call for mayonnaise. Others called for sour cream. None that I read called for buttermilk. I tried all variations including my own mayonnaise but I kept coming back to the purity of Emil-Ene's. The restaurant is known for its stark simplicity and for its fantastic steaks. There is nothing elaborate or even faintly pretentious about the place. Therefore, my new recipe for blue cheese dressing is 1) a strong blue cheese 2) milk. Here I used the remnant cartons of Half & Half, heavy cream, and buttermilk, but frankly, milk is just fine. I recommend it. 




The pecans heated for 45 seconds in the microwave. 


Frozen shrimp. Water brought to the boil then cut off. Frozen shrimp de-shelled and dumped in the hot water that was no longer boiling. 


Sourdough hotdog buns. 




The Aerogarden greens. 





No comments:

Blog Archive