Bratwurst with onions and garlic in beer, homemade buns






Onions, garlic and cabbage.


Beer.


Sausages returned.







They have these sausages halfway up the slope at A-Basin. Some on the grill and others floating around in beer. With regular sauerkraut. 

Anything up there tastes fantastic but this really hit the spot.

Romania. Bear chases skier down the hill. I wrote to my friend who taught me to ski way back then as a teen. He is rather old now and no longer skies. 


I wrote: 

1) I did not know there are ski lifts in Romania. I thought they were all Gypsies.

2) I was taught bears hibernate in winter.
 
3) Green circle slope.

4) Dude is a terrible skier. I hear your voice telling me to keep shoulders parallel with the slope and put my weight on the downhill ski. 

* -- * -- * -- * -- * 

That caused him to click over to the video and made him laugh. It's the two basic things that the guy is not doing. Him recalling hounding me about this over and over seeing someone else do it, is funny. When you're the guy hounding. 

Incidentally, this guy really is a good skier. The best skier that I know. The most powerful skier. A genuine cannonball. I realized this one day at the top drinking beers and watching people get off the lift. Everyone skied tight little S shapes off the lift. But not Bob. Where everyone else skies several S shapes in a row then disappears, Bob skis one sustained C shape and he is total hard-edge control the whole time. So I copied that.
 
The bear really should have caught the guy. Maybe the bear was sleepy.

No comments:

Blog Archive