Strawberries and banana with corn cereal and milk

 


Unrelated: Young driver.


Groceries were delivered yesterday after Jennifer left. 

I do not know why Tessa wanted to hang out but she veritably refused to return to work.

Online I bet her $20.00 that she can not find semolina. It's a thing with King Soopers. They hide it. None of the shoppers can find it.
Think about this momentarily. The store is in the Mexican part of town. My friends call it Bean Soopers instead of King Soopers. The store in the urban center is called Queen Soopers. From this you can extrapolate any X-Soopers for any ethnocentric location. So where might a Mexican person misplace semolina? Where is a logical misplacement based on ethnocentricity? My guess, they might mistake it for polenta. They will put it with corn meal. 
And that is the only online communication that I had. I thought that it failed. There was no other activity showing until she was here. I had given up on the bet, she was still trying to comply. I gave her $20.00 for being such a great help to me. (No matter what. No matter how poorly this turns out.) She thought I was paying the bet. I said, "No, that was a joke. This is yours from the start." 

I think from this moment she latched on. I don't know. I could have rolled it all up myself but it would have been tough. She wanted to help. 

Once inside she can take off her mask if she closes the door. She eagerly complies. She removes her mask and she is actually adorable. I say so. She blushes genuinely and adorably. 


She tells me her story. What she is doing here working. Where else she works. Where she goes to school. She helps unloading the cart. She wants to get the ice cream before it melts. She talks about the decisions she made while she was shopping but for some reason I didn't really care right then, she told me, "Sorry for substituting your ice cream. Is this okay? They were having a 2 for 1 sale." 

It is the same kind of ice cream that I usually buy so that didn't matter. Good move. But look. I use this for milkshakes. I am trying to put on some weight. I am replacing anticipated need. I already have two types of ice cream. Look.

I showed her my freezer is FULL. 

That one extra ice cream really did create a BIG FAT problem. 

It's funny. 

A super abundance of extra good shit. 

"Honey, you are going to have to take this extra one home with you." 

        "I am lactose intolerant." 

"Oh shit." 

The lids are coming off. Weirdest thing. They warm up a bit and the lids pop right off. This ice cream inside bulges. As if to alarm you the whole thing risks overheating. 

She unloaded the cart and unpackaged the bags urging me to get things cooled. 

She told me that she cooks quiche. 

I told her about Vincent Price. 

She didn't know who that is. 

I gave her his large treasury cookbook that has the recipe for quiche that takes a whole dozen egg yolks but none of the whites. That is what I learned on. That's what I thought quiche was. That's one of the things that I served in small squares for very large parties, just one of six things. The book is useless to me, it is nonsense, his personal travel log and his dining experience at European hotels and restaurants, all the classical things to the nth degree and probably useless to her as well. I don't know why she cared for having the book. I'm glad it's gone. 

I read all of those books cover to cover and frankly none of them have anything to tell me. I am disappointed in each of them. 

I discussed this with Tessa. I told her if she looks at my viewing history she would think I am some sort of maniac. When I look at it myself I am shocked. I'll watch five different Asian women blab about egg roll wrappers, watch them make the wrappers, listen to their blabbing all the way through, and come out imagining myself expert on grasping the range. Then just do what I saw. 

I talked about how that dough is different on this machine right here.

Oddly, she was fascinated with all this crap. I told her I still have some. She saw my freezer. I reached inside and pulled out a dozen of the previously made egg rolls. My wrappers, my filling. She was impressively interested in having them. Much more so than you could expect. Now, she has a big fat puffy antique recipe book and a bag of frozen egg rolls that I made previously. 

She doesn't want this to be a one-time thing. She makes sure that I have her number. She suggests possible points of future contact. She wants to do more things together. 

Just like the previous female Instacart driver. Both young and attractive females are similar this way. 

Their energy impresses me. I love that. 

I really was concerned about her parking. I didn't just make that up to get rid of her. 

Now with it all put away I see what great choices she made. Very thoughtful all the way through. Every single thing has thought poured all over it. Presently, I have the best vegetables possible. 

"I am juicing a lot of this stuff." 

        "Oh. Now that makes sense." 

Why else buy three pineapples and three bunches of celery? Now these clumps of things start adding up. 

No comments:

Blog Archive