French fries, 1/4 lb hamburger patty

 


Barry Sears says in his Zone diet books that men can eat four meals each day containing .25 lb of ground beef. That's one pound of beef each day, and lose weight. 

But that is way too much beef for me. Come on. Be realistic.

I should probably mention the potato was microwaved for six minutes without poking holes. 

Then the microwave beeped done but I was down. I heard it beep like six times possibly thirty. A beep then a long pause then another beep. I kept thinking, "man, that's annoying." Finally I dragged myself up and the potato was room temperature.

Time. Is that even a thing? 

Brought a pot of oil to 350℉ which in Celsius is medium-hot. 

Peeled the cooked potato then cut it into French fries. Incidentally, I just now watched a successful sushi chef with a large online following and who I like very much cut French fries the stupidest way possible. The short way. The dumbest way. Then he fried them once, for short greasy limp stupid French fries that looked horrible from afar and even worse close up. And I'm sitting here wondering if I can even believe what I am seeing. He has a thousand videos but his French fry video is the worst.

These fries cooked up perfectly. Honestly, for the first time since I've lived here. I was beginning to think it is not possible one mile up, to get French fries like I did in Louisiana. Double-fry method. Triple-fry method. When the peel is pulled off and the potato is cut they are a bit fuzzy with dryish sticky starch. That fries beautifully. Light crisp crunchy with tender interior that is already cooked so dehydrates a bit. French fries do not get better than this.

And that makes me want to do it again.

No comments:

Blog Archive