Grapefruit, yogurt, pine nuts





Hey, flies are buzzing around my grapefruit. 

These pine nuts were seen at the grocery in a small webbed bag. They turned out to be the kind still in their shells. They had to be roasted to be opened and several exploded. I thought the explosions would help to get the shells off but it destroyed them completely and made a huge mess of the oven. Shame I didn't realize that sooner. I can be thick sometimes, hearing all those explosions and imagining that it was helping. 

I saw a thing while skipping through the channels. An old woman somewhere in the Southwest, possibly New Mexico, crawling around the base of shrubs. It was very odd to see a woman down there scrounging around under a desert bush. The camera came in close and low to the ground in the shade of the bush. The old woman was picking these pine nuts. They come from short gnarly shrubs. I tried to imagine my own Nana going directly to where all creatures go in the desert, to the nearest available shade, and beat them all there to the pine nuts that have fallen. Then sell them to someone who sells them to someone who sells them to someone who sells them to me. Thanks Nana lady in the desert. 

Blueberry yogurt. 

Apparently grapefruit are no longer sour. I enjoyed this a lot and there was no preparation. 

No comments:

Blog Archive