Chicken club, Taste of Philly, Denver


Taste of Philly is near where I live, across Broadway, one of the main streets in town which as you might imagine is quite broad. 

I was the only one there this afternoon. Just myself and this guy with the tats and the black hat. Right after I walked in five more customers lined up behind me. Very quiet and patient too, no "come on, Buddy, what's taking so long?" We all had to wait for our orders which gave me time to snap off a few pics but then they all abruptly left with their individual takeouts leaving me alone. Then some other guy came out from somewhere, apparently the guy who cooked my sandwich. 

It is an excellent sandwich and I said so. The guy beamed. I said exactly why it is excellent and he beamed more and opened up conversationally. 

I've been avoiding the place because the first time I went there the Philly sandwich was awful. This sandwich is perfect. The bread is perfect and the chicken is cooked perfectly. They have Westword's Best of Denver, but Westword is two blocks down the street so maybe they were being neighborly.  

That's all. 

The rest are pics I snapped while waiting.





Sk8rz


Know what is the hardest part about being a sk8r?


Telling your parents you're gay.


The place has garage doors that open to the street. The street is always busy. 


I was by this open window. This is looking out the window to across the street.



Right then a lot of noise started up. Yelling and chanting. 

They were just across the street but nobody could make out what they were chanting or what their signs said. 







I heard somewhere in the chant, something something then "right wing" something. So they were not Tea Party people but it turns out their messages are the same.


So that was lunch, half of it was, the other half was dinner.



No comments:

Blog Archive