Rump roast sandwich


This is the rump roast from earlier where I came out of character by searing and merely barely roasting a thing called roast. It is a tough cut and it does take more gnawing than I care to put my teeth through and that toughness is all wrong for sandwiches so it is simmered. 

The roast is run across a Benriner slicer and simmered with onion in beef stock to near tenderness. It is still firm. The roast is already seasoned so no more is added.  







The bread is not as insipid as I made it out to be earlier. I apologize. I've been enjoying it as toast with strawberry preserves. That's the thing, though, my own various sourdoughs are so strongly and characteristically flavored that generally they do not go well with things that are sweet. 

1 comment:

Joe Schmoe said...

Rump roast; hee hee. I was pleased to learn recently that pork butt roast does not derive from the place that it's name implies; it's actually the butt of the shoulder. At least so I'm told by the store butcher. Anyhoo, it made great carnitas.

Blog Archive