Shrimp and scallops, angel hair pasta






Spices are started in butter, it only takes a minute, half the spiced butter is transferred to a bowl large enough to toss pasta. The scallops and shrimp are seared in the remaining spiced butter.

Which spices? I loaded up on peppers this time; black pepper, white pepper, red chile pepper, along with cumin. As far as Yin and Yang goes, that would be 100% Yang.

Better if the shrimp were peeled. I don't know what I was thinking. I saw the legs but it didn't occur to me they needed to be peeled. It made a mess, the seasoning all went on the shells, it made them harder to peel and that had to be done at the table. Sticky fingers. But then, the carapace did impart its flavor which would have been lost had they been peeled, so there's that. 

I don't like peas rolling around so I bashed their little brains in. Actually, I sliced them in a pile. I worked steadily across the pile then went back and sliced in half  any individual whole pea I noticed which also sliced all the other peas in the pile that were in line with the blade.   

No comments:

Blog Archive