Leek and potato soup with poblano and jalapeño peppers








Your peasant potato soup is delicious and so is our peasant chile soup so our two peasant soups get married and they have a baby that incorporates the genetic best of both parents for a new spectacular tasting soup.

But it is hotter than expected. Everything was put in, seeds, membrane, the whole bit. So it's all there kaboom right in your mouth. 

And all that is moderated by cream.

👨‍🍳 You didn't put in any garlic.

     💁🏼‍♂️ Didn't have to. Has leek.

👨‍🍳 You didn't add any spices or herbs.

     💁🏼‍♂️ I added bay. Then took it out.

👨‍🍳 You didn't use the cheese.

     💁🏼‍♂️ Editing decision.

👨‍🍳 You didn't add any wine.

     💁🏼‍♂️ I don't like wine. I don't keep that open.

👨‍🍳 Mon dieu.

Update: You would think that one potato and one carrot and one poblano would all go into one meal but this actually turned out to be four very good meals.

It is surprisingly hot in the mouth. Those jalapeños are just so unreliable now that they mix heatless types and extra-heat types with the regular ones. These particular jalapeños are uncomfortably hot.

For a guy with damaged kidneys these four bowls processed incredibly easily. It feels like my body simply absorbed them. No sensation of movement. No discomfort. No unpleasant side effects. No second final surprise heat sensation. Know what I mean? Know what I mean? Poke. Poke. Poke. Huh? Know what I mean?

I think that I discovered a new hospital food for kidney patients. Finally, something that will blow their face off while not disrupting their system.

No comments:

Blog Archive