Bacon, eggs, toast, polenta





The polenta is simply popcorn kernels ground to powder in a coffee mill.

No spices this time because I'm on a simplicity kick. And no chicken stock either even though there is a two-quart container of freshly made homemade stock waiting to be used. This does not make sense but can be understood as caprice. 

3/4 cup water was brought to a boil. The corn dust was added to the boiling water off the heat. Returned to boiling. Covered. Adjusted with water. Reheated. Adjusted with water. Reheated. Adjus ...  that déjà vu thing is happening all over the place again. 

This back-and-forth adjustments happened quickly with a microwave. Purists would have reason to object. [The purists who wrote the Colonix program instructions discouraged using the microwave to heat the water for their tea. Their tea is fierce. Two minutes over steeped and you'll be running for the bog. I obeyed their proscription even though the only reason given is that it affected the water. I didn't believe any of it but I went along.]

1 comment:

pious agnostic said...

I know I should have said something earlier when you were real sick, but better late than never. I'm really glad you are feeling well again.

Blog Archive