Tuna and shrimp











I was down to the end of the napa cabbage, the white stub, but I like that too. The napa cabbage stubs were sprinkled with salt and drained. Not cooked, but salted. Then rinsed. That damaged the cells and made it a little limp. 

Soy sauce with powdered yellow Chinese mustard and a little sugar. 

Basil only because it's growing like mad in a jar. I'm starting to really love that little plant even while becoming tired of basil.

This might not be a good idea. Eating peas with chopsticks could lead to unintended weight loss. 

3 comments:

Rob said...

Are you sporting a new macro lens? Because this stuff looks killer.

Chip Ahoy said...

Yes Rob, this one. Thank you for noticing. I do believe I chose wisely. 60mm prime compliments the the 50 mm prime very nicely. It has become my favorite lens. I switched them out half way. Very fast. I'm trying not to resent the cost going up $50.00 the day I narrowed down to it. That's helped by noticing the lens is presently unavailable.

It's bokeh is quite different. 9 rounded blades instead of 7 straight blades. I notice perfect reflections of the fluorescent spiral fill lights. I might have to shade those. The telescoping occurs within a housing to avoid scaring off bugs, I suppose.

It does good portraits too.

Rob said...

You chose well. I think Nikon's macro choices may be better than Canon's. I've been using a 100mm macro and a 65mm macro. The 65mm is very odd. It doesn't focus. You achieve focus purely by moving the camera and lens closer or further from the subject, for which focusing rails are highly desirable. But it's 1-5X magnification, which is pretty sweet, except that at higher magnifications the depth of field is so shallow that stacking multiple exposures is generally required. The 100mm has autofocus and so is a lot less hassle.

Anyhow, your images are terrific.

Blog Archive