Chicken soup, potato, pasta


What can be done with pasta and potatoes of pallor? Robust and yet so pale and pasty apparently wan and watery. 

I do not know. 


The photos in series of basil being added incrementally is quite funny I think because everything stays the same except, boink basil, boink basil, boink, boink, boink, and I thought, "oh, show that stacked in an animation," and then I thought, "nah, show this instead." 







The soup is made of chicken-related scraps saved frozen. Pieces of previous things wrapped carelessly in kitchen plastic. I'm glad to have them gone. Some pieces were from previously fried chicken, other pieces were frozen raw, some were previously breaded, some were not.  Some pieces were previously baked. 

All the scraps were pressed into a large pressure pot and covered with water. They were cooked for an unreasonably long time, a few hours, I think. 

When done, all the bones could be crushed easily between my fingers. It was all very odd. The bones were cooked with my favorite seeds including peppercorn, bay leaf, chile flakes. The batch produced three quarts, more than I expected and more than I wanted. Chilled, the stock made a relatively thin but sturdy layer of fat with a somewhat thin slightly watery aspic. Both good signs. 

The vegetables were cooked in chicken fat. The pasta was cooked in the broth along with the vegetables.

The chicken chunks here are a single breast left over from this fried chicken

The soup is very very very good (3 verys). 

No comments:

Blog Archive