Red bell pepper







I. am. so. sorry. 


I got lost there in a little pile of red pepper. 

I started following tiny mustard seeds and they led me all around. It's their fault. I could have kept right on going. The only reason I stopped is because I got tired of seeing red pepper vistas unfolding before me and I kinda wanted to return to the land of people.  You guys.

I learned something. If you put mustard seeds in a hot pan they explode like popcorn right out of the pan. It's fun. I imagine it could be dangerous. Half the mustard seeds popped out of the pan before I could cover them. They still pop but they burn exploded open in the pan. So add mustard seeds last and have a lid ready. Or turn off the heat for non-splody mustard seeds. 

Do you know what? Maybe I should mention this. The light at the restaurant the other night was yellow. Very low low low warm yellow. So I turned up the ISO in the camera to 1000 which is quite high and would ruin most photographs. The bad thing is, I forgot to roll it back and the next few sets were shot at inappropriately high ISO. These photos are unnecessarily noisy. That's a word they use to describe this situation. The difference between the startling sharpness this lens produces and this set of pictures is the difference between extremely high ISO and appropriately set low ISO.  And so I learned my lesson, I sure did, and that lesson is: try to be smarter. 

No comments:

Blog Archive