Buttered toast






These little things are fine for now. 

But eventually I'm going to have to make a proper meal. Or else go out and score one. 

And when I'm out scoring a meal maybe I will see a person and help them score one too. Or whatever it is they score. 

That is my attitude that I told my friend to answer his attitude which is different. My friend shot back that they will buy alcohol. I said, I know. It usually happens immediately outside the bottle shop down on street level anyway, but so what. People buy me drinks all the time. We were at a party with a tended bar. My friend ceded the point by admitting, yes, he said, when you move in the right circles you get free drinks all the time and it ended there. It has nothing to do with the right circles, I do not think, but we did not argue beyond that. He missed the chance to point out that in both our cases alcoholism has not cost us our marriages jobs or homes. That would have shut me right up, but I was already shutting up. Anyway, at some point I am going to have to come around and make a proper meal. 

No comments:

Blog Archive