Pecan and gruyère on bread strips










The other day I made a plate of fruit and cheese and nuts, to pick at here and there. My favorite combination on that plate was the cheese and pecans together. It was an odd combination but it was so good. That would be perfect by itself. One pecan half with one little bitty piece of good gruyère cheese X 25.  

The pecans have a weird mouth-covering thing happen when they're raw so they must be toasted. Then they are excellent. The combination with this particlar cheese, which I discovered by chance, is extraordinary. I thought the bread would be a good neutral way to carry it. But then I added my own mustard and honey. That is all a little too complex. It is still very good, and I am not complaining, but it is not as good as the other day. 

No comments:

Blog Archive