Penne pasta with cheese and shrimp

I originally intended to make macaroni and cheese with turkey. I even thawed the last of the turkey saved over from Thanksgiving, but along the way I changed my mind to shrimp. Now the turkey is waiting for something else. I also decided to use an entire package of specialty cheese, which is a bit on the extravagant side, but hey, that's just the way I roll.

This is what the photos are trying to say:

* Started with a standard béchamel made with a blond roux but mixed with an entire package of Tarago River shadow of blue cheese.

* Nutmeg added because that's SOP for béchamel

* Pene pasta

* Shrimp

* Topping prepared with sourdough bread crumbs, oatmeal run through the coffee grinder, butter, and grated Parmigiano Reggiano. So you can see this is shaping up to be not your mother's macaroni and cheese.














No comments:

Blog Archive