Collard greens, chuck burger, cheese sauce





Alas, I am ham hock-less.

Therefore I will use bacon. BAY-KUUUUN! Nothing special either, just some kind of -- whatdya call it -- thrifty version, in a plain white discount packaging. Eh, what the heck.

* pressure cooked for tender leafy goodness.
* a few peppercorns
* a few fennel seeds
* one whole onion sliced
* two crushed garlic cloves
* squirt of fresh lime for serving

I found a couple burgers in the freezer made earlier from chuck roast I ground myself and mixed with vegetables featuring peas. There were two in there a little bit freezer burned. I thought, "Woo hoo!" 

* splash of cheap red wine to deglaze pan.
* pat of butter to form a sauce
* homemade mayonnaise (sealed up in a mason jar using the FoodSaver® device.)

Oh yeah -- basil.


No comments:

Blog Archive