Deviled eggs




Dick Thompson, a commenter here provided a link to Leslie Kelly's post on Al Dente about deviled eggs using Sriracha sauce and kimchi butter, two hot Asian ingredients. 

My mother dusted hers with mild paprika but that was only to impart red dots, very simple, nothing beyond that. This type was served recently at a Thanksgiving dinner. It was a little bit surprising to notice they were not immediately scarfed, due mostly to there being so much food, I think. I had a couple and they were fantastic. 

* Step 1 make mayonnaise. This time I added sugar, and I must say, it made an excellent dressing on the lettuce. Two large egg yolks whipped completely. One half cup vegetable oil drizzled in while whipping, the oil added very slowly at first, then faster all the while whipping. Mustard, vinegar, and this time sugar, these by the teaspoon to your personal taste. Plus salt and pepper. Of course you can embellish however you wish, but this time I didn't. Just sugar.

* Tai curry heated in butter. Added to half the egg yolks along with chives and one teaspoon mayonnaise.

* One tablespoon chipotle in adobe along with one teaspoon mayonnaise.

I tried using a pastry bag to squish the mixture into the little holes in the cooked egg whites but I'm a total spaz with that thing so I abandoned it. Plus there wasn't enough to bother with it and the mixture not creamy enough. And the bag is plastic. I should throw it away.

No comments:

Blog Archive