Chicken pot stickers


 






I meant to say this last night but I was too tired to write it.

The young woman who pulled my grocery order and delivered it did not know what pot stickers are. 

She asked via text if they are like egg rolls or dumplings. 

We went back and forth. I told her that I usually microwave these in boiling water. Microwave the water, add these things, so they cook fairly bland. 

While restaurants do it the way shown here, they make their own dough and roll it, make their own filling, pinch them all artfully and individually. Each person has their own way of pinching. 

When they are tucked together and steamed then they break down a little then when fried they attach to each other and their texture changes considerably, soft on top, toasted on bottom. 

She became more and more interested as we went and she decided to buy some and bring them home for her family for dinner. 

No comments:

Blog Archive