Iced tea

 

* 2 quarts filtered water
* 1/2 cup sugar
* 3 tea bags
* 1 lemon

Earlier I posted using five lemons and the peeled skin of all lemons allowed to leach into the sugar for a sort of county fair type lemonade but that assumes that you'll drink only one glass and not the entire two quarts in one day. That is way too much vitamin C for one guy to take in one day.

How do I know this?

Vitamin C is water soluble. I find, when I have too much of it, then it comes out of my tongue a bit painfully. It feels like irritating dots on my tongue clustered in the area around the tip. Tingling. The dots can be scraped off with a toothbrush but they reappear immediately until the vitamin C is exuded. Weird, huh? 

This weaker version is very good tasting and it allows one person to drink the entire two quarts in one day without vitamin C overdose tongue extrusion irritation. 

No comments:

Blog Archive