Leek pie with potato crust

Quiche, sort of, but I do not like that word. Quiche. 

Quiche quiche quiche quiche quiche quiche quiche quiche quiche quiche quiche quiche quiche quiche quiche quiche. 

See? It's weird word. I read a few times that people, women especially, do not like the word "moist." I feel nothing wrong with the word moist, I think that's funny, but I do feel something terribly wrong with the word quiche because you have to squeeze your voice right next to the Donald Duck voice just to say it. And that's ridiculous. 











 Cream. 











Six eggs are showing but eight eggs were used. Mostly yolks. 

I used way to much leek. I should have backed off. But I didn't. That was a decision. 

I had only a medium or smallish potato shaped like the asteroid Ida, the one with its own little moon, Dactyl.

Can you imagine that? Peeling a stupid potato like that. No wonder at all why they named it Ida. And it was too small. It made me wonder who would even pick that Ida asteroid potato from a pile of regular potatoes. An Instacart picker/driver did that.

Plus I forgot the main thing before I started. I saw the jalapeño down there in the crisper so I picked one up forgetting that I intended to use a fired poblano that is frozen. The lower deeper heat with the French cheese would be interesting. This pie was very easy to make. I'll do it again and compensate this oversight.

And this was supposed to have spinach. But it didn't. 

All that went wrong and the whole thing is still very nice. Easy to put together too. So easy that even an American with a sprained wrist putting on a French accent for no reason at all and basically playing around can do it. 

I was sitting there thinking my wrist doesn't hurt anymore. It is not throbbing. I can flick my hand without pain. I can carry a glass. Pick up a pot. Remove a lid from a jar. Cut a pile of celery, and most importantly, hold my cane without pain but also without any weight. Then I said the word "all" in ASL and cranked my wrist right out of shape. Yikes. And that very well defined today's movement-limitation. I'll try "all" tomorrow and see if it still hurts like that.

No comments:

Blog Archive