Ground beef patty, toasted potato, cheese sauce



I am missing two extremely artistic photographs showing a raw shallot and two garlic cloves. Funny story, if you are not me, I had just re-formatted the card, the camera was behaving as if it was taking photos, even allowing me to look at them, but not writing to the card. An error message previously unseen in ten years, "full" appeared in tiny letters at the bottom of the screen. I stopped and tested. Nothing. I switched out the cards and picked up from there.


Here is the chile element that French cooking and Italian cooking appear not to appreciate. Flavors unknown in their cuisines. 

Yeah, I said it. You do not see Mexican style chile peppers in European cooking. Not in their cooking shows. Not in their videos.

Oh, you'll see the peperoncino pickled all over the place but the pickling vinegar fails to convey traditional roasted flavors of chiles handled properly. Those peperonciono are not fun. I've tried them a million times. I still do. They just totally miss the mark.








No egg, as a meatloaf. No breadcrumbs. 


The potato is started. It must be peeled, cubed, microwaved in water to begin but not finish cooking.


Two things at once!

Hamburgers finishing while the potatoes are microwaving. 
Next, these patties are resting,  the potatoes are frying in this same pan and the sauce is started in another small pot, so, still two things at once. Multitasking.


The potatoes are microwaving in water with 1/4 teaspoon baking soda to mess with the pH of the water and to weaken the surface of the potato making the surfaces softer and more tender when fried crisp. Weird, I know, but pH does that. Science!


This cheese is to flavor the béchamel sauce. 



Ate the whole thing. And I am sitting here thinking, "what am I going to eat now?"

No comments:

Blog Archive