Stovetop mac and cheese with jalapeño and onion

 









I couldn't deal with bacon or ham right now.

I have jarred American cheese perfect for this sort of thing but I cannot twist off the cap. So I used regular cheese from a deli. 

I finished preparation I put a forkful in my mouth and picked up the bowl to bring back to my eating area, took one step, tasted bitter, I saw the sugar right there so I stopped and drizzled 1/4 teaspoon, a very small amount, stirred it in and that changed the whole thing entirely. Molecules hit the right spots on the tongue and erased all traces of bitterness without being sweet. The whole thing improved by 100% just by that one tiny thing.

Oh, and mushrooms, I forgot to say that.

2 comments:

pious agnostic said...

I've been reading your blog for years and really enjoyed it. I've learned things about cooking from you, and I appreciate it! I've always loved your photos. And your writing is so interesting as well!

I understand your health isn't so good right now, and I'm saying a prayer for you that you have relief from pain and weakness and a restoration of the joy you take in preparing meals and your photography. I don't know if you read your comments; I've left a few over the years here, though, and I wanted you to know how much I enjoy your efforts.

Chip Ahoy said...

Hey, thank you. I appreciate that.

Blog Archive